Wednesday, October 26, 2005

When I Sleep

When darkness awakens, my body settles gently into bed.
The day races rapidly in my thoughts as I close my eyes.
Slowly, I am lulled into a peaceful sleep.

I hear vibrant music - so full of passion.
I feel the warmth of the sun’s rays that grace my presence.
I see kind, adoring eyes gazing back into mine.

The air is full happiness - so much laughter.
Soft caresses are exchanged.
At this moment, life could not be any more wonderful.

A thin line of love and friendship gets crossed,
and two single souls find a home to share eternity.

Birds begin to proudly serenade the morning dawn.
Lonesome roads slowly progress into distinguished passageways.

Light peeps through my mind and I awaken to a new day.
I am ready to endure what the day brings for me,
because I know that I am a twerp
but I know extraordinary love when I sleep.

No comments: